- 250 g (1.5 cup) Gideon Milling Unsifted Whole Wheat Flour
- 100 g (1 cup) rolled oats
- 75 g (1/2 cup) sunflower seeds
- 50 g (1/3 cup) linseeds (flax seed)
- 35 g (1/4 cup) chia seeds
- 75 g (1/2 cup) pumpkin seeds
- 50 g (1/2 cup) wheat germ
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 500 ml (2 cups) plain yoghurt
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil
- 4 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp salt
Pre-heat the oven to 180˚C and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, seeds, wheat germ, baking powder, and baking soda and mix well.
In a separate bowl, mix together the yoghurt, oil, honey, and salt.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix well to combine.
Transfer the mixture to the prepared loaf tin then bake at 180°C for 20 minutes then turn down to 150°C and continue baking for 1 hour until the loaf is golden brown and a skewer inserted comes out clean.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool before serving.
Image and recipe (adapted) by Alida Ryder.