- 1 cup Gideon Milling Unsifted Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp butter (cold)
- 4 tbsp heavy cream
- 6 tbsp yoghurt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large leek (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup diced turnips
- 1 cup diced potato
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced sweet potatoes
- 1 cup diced sweet butternut
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 3 tbsp Gideon Milling Cake Wheat Flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup white beans (drained and rinsed if using canned)
- Parsley (for topping)
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add in butter and work into flour mixture until dough resembles a coarse meal. Pour in heavy cream and yoghurt. Stir until just combined and keep in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- In a Dutch oven (potjie), heat olive oil over medium heat. Add in leeks and sauté until tender and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, rutabaga, potato, carrots, parsnips, and herbs. Pour in vegetable broth, stir, and bring to a medium boil.
- As vegetables are cooking, combine milk and flour in a jar with a lid. Shake until well combined.
- Pour milk into Dutch oven and stir to combine, cooking another 5 – 10 minutes until sauce has thickened. Stir in the white beans.
- Using a large spoon (about 3 tbsp), portion out the dough, slightly flatten and drop into Dutch oven.
- Transfer into oven and bake for 25 – 30 minutes until biscuits are browning. Finish with a sprinkle of parsley.
Recipe (adapted) by Erin Alderson.