Stone ground flour,
grown and milled on
South African soil.
Gideon, from the book Judges in the Old Testament, was threshing wheat in a winepress to protect his hard-earned harvest from the raids of the enemy. While he was taking action “the Angel of the Lord appeared to him, and said to him, ‘The Lord is with you, you mighty man of valor!’” (Judges 6:12). This is where the story of Gideon, a judge in his time begins and, in a sense, so too the story of Gideon Milling.
Cake Wheat Flour
White Bread Wheat Flour
Unsifted Whole Wheat Flour
So, why stone ground?
What the experts have to say
Read the full research article here.
The Gideon Milling approach
We have invested in the best stone ground milling equipment used by reputable mills across the world that are famous for their high quality, tasty stone ground flour. Here is a list of why we believe in stone grinding our flour:
- Healthy alternative due to high dietary fibres
- Preserves natural flavour and goodness
- Grinds all the natural vitamins, minerals, and ballast substances
- It is the traditional grinding method
- Allows baking without further processing
- Stone ground flour has a larger surface increasing the ability to absorb liquid, giving an airy and elastic dough that is easy to work with
- Our millstones are made exclusively from natural materials such as emery, flint, and magnesite
Need inspiration? Look no further!
We have some great recipes on our website to inspire your next Gideon Milling creation. Our social media is also filled with more fantastic flour-based recipes.
What people say about us
Our valued customers and partners are providing us with great feedback – take a look below.