Updated 15 August 2021
- Account means a unique account created for you to access our service or parts of our service.
- Company (referred to as either “the company, we, us, our” in this policy) refers to Gideon Milling, Bellville, South Africa.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Country refers to South Africa.
- Device means any device that can access the service such as a computer, a cell phone or a digital tablet.
- Personal Data is any information, that relates to an identified or identifiable individual, gathered for the Gideon Milling services.
- Service refers to the Gideon Milling website and any related subscriptions or accounts.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the company to facilitate the service, to provide the service on behalf of the company, to perform actions related to the service or to assist the company in analysing how the service is used. The third party will not however be able to use the personal data captured by the Gideon Milling website for their own purposes.
- Third-party Social Media Service refers to any website or any social network website through which a user can log in or create an account to use the service.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the service or from the service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Website refers to the Gideon Milling website, accessible from https://www.gideonmilling.co.za.
- You means the individual accessing or using the service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the service, as applicable.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
While using our service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to your full name, email address, phone number, and physical address.
Usage data is collected automatically when using the service.
Usage data may include information such as your device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers, and other diagnostic data.
When you access the service by or through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile internet browser you use, unique device identifiers, and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our service or when you access the service by or through a mobile device.
The company may use personal data for the following purposes:
To provide and maintain our service, including to monitor the usage of our service.
To manage your account, to manage your registration as a user of the service. The personal data you provide can give you access to different functionalities of the service that are available to you as a registered user.
To contact you, to contact you by email or other equivalent forms to notify you with updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
To provide you with recipes, special offers, and general information about our products and events which we offer.
For other purposes: We may use your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and to evaluate and improve our service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
We may share your personal information in the following situations:
With Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our service and to manage communication with you on our behalf.
Retention of your personal data
Transfer of your personal data
Your information, including personal data, is processed at the company’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located.
Disclosure of your personal data
Under certain circumstances, the company may be required to disclose your personal data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
We may disclose your personal data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the service
- Protect the personal safety of users of the service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of your personal data
The security of your personal data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
Cookies or browser cookies
Certain sections of our service and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
Types of cookies
Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser. Learn more about cookies: Cookies: What Do They Do?
We may use both session and persistent cookies for the purposes set out below:
Necessary / essential cookies
Type: Session cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through the website and to enable you to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these cookies, the services that you have asked for cannot be provided, and we only use these cookies to provide you with those services.
Cookies policy / notice acceptance cookies
Type: Persistent cookies
Administered by: Us
Type: Persistent cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These cookies allow us to remember choices you make when you use the website, such as remembering your login details. The purpose of these cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-enter your preferences every time you use the website.
Links to other websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.